DanTDM or Diamond Minecraft is one of the UK’s most popular gaming channel.
And the man behind the channel is Daniel Middleton. As per his huge fanbase is concerned, there had been always a curiosity that what gadgets he uses.
If we trim down the question a little bit more, the question we’ve always received is- what microphone does DanTDM use. And right in this article, we’ve got to break it down.
Along with the microphone he uses, we’ll also focus on the sound interface he uses. We’ll reveal not just the names of these gadgets, but also their quick review with features.
So, let’s wait no more, and proceed-
Who Is DanTDM?
As we’re talking about what microphone DanTDM, we, of course, know who he is, right? But for the record, here is a quick glimpse once again-
DanTDM or Daniel Robert Middleton is a British YouTuber, and he’s been known online as DanTDM(formerly The Diamond Minecart). His professional identities are gamer and an author.
The major game that he plays and records is Minecraft, and he has a nickname of Minecraft Storyteller. He had been able to earn so much popularity in this way that, his Youtube channel had been listed as one of UK’s best channels.
He has a net earning of $213000 or more in a year, and that’s from the source of Business Insider.
What microphone does dantdm use?
Right at this segment, we’ll talk about the microphone that DanTDM uses for the videos of his gaming channel. Mostly, he likes to upgrades his gadgets every now and then. But when it comes to headphone, he likes to stick to a particular model for a long span of time.
Let’s have a look-
First Choice: Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone
Audio-Technica AT2020 is one of the latest buzzes among many digital stars, DanTDM being one of them. Due to its studio condenser microphone technology, you can have a clean and clear audio recording without any distortion or noise.
It’s ideal for recording games, streaming live games and other home/studio applications. The noise level that it can deduce is 20dB, which is good enough. On top of that, the low mass diaphragm design lets its response to an extended range of frequency.
There’s is a cardioid polar pattern technology in this model, which restricts the sound pickups from the side or rear direction. So, all you can get is the desired sound clip that you speak.
The integral XLRM type 3 pin output connector is there with the microphone, which is compatible with most of the audio systems available. On top of that, the whole system is confined with a solid black speckles finish.
- Isolation of sound sources from rear and sides.
- Strong and sturdy mount system with smooth pivoting.
- Comes with studio condenser microphone technology.
- Low mass and low profile diaphragm.
- A wide and dynamic range of high SPL handling.
- Comes with a handful of accessories.
Second Choice: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface is the second part of the system DanTDM uses for his videos. It’s a USB audio interface which comes with a number of features to associate the mic.
There are a couple of mic preamps, which are on the duty of creating a natural sound for the videos. You can have two instrumental inputs, where one would be the microphone itself, and another can be any other sound source device.
The conversion rate is a 192kHz/24 bit, along with a super low roundup latency. Because of having a low level of latency, there will be practically no lag or interruptions in the recording session.
You have to associate this audio interface with the computer system. And the good news is, this device suits fine with any OS system including Windows, MAC OS. The range of frequency response range of this model is 20Hz to 20,000 Hz, which is quite standard.
Apart from all these technical advantages, this audio system comes with quite a minimal looking interface. And that enhances its effectiveness to even more!
- Two natural Scarlett mic pre-amps.
- A great count of even gain.
- Can connect professional studio monitors with the ¼ inches jack.
- A great conversion rate of 192 kHz/24 bit.
- Comes with a number of professional accessories.
- Dual audio input for parrallel operation.
- Available in three different versions.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- A quite minimalistic profile.
Some Other Facts to Know About Dan
So far, we’ve been up to a part of the gadget that is used by Dan for his videos. But apart from that, there are a lot more interesting facts that you would like to know.
Here is a list of some interesting facts that you might like to know-
- Dan has dyed his hair many times. The color had been blonde. Purple pink and blue. Right now, his hair color is blue.
- Dan is currently married to Jemma, his lover from high school. They are both 18, and they are married since 2018.
- Dan’s worth is £12 from his Youtube channel, the books that he’d authored, his tours and another sort of works that he does. He is one of the highest earning Youtuber of the Gaming genre.
- Apart from the youtube based streamline of Dan, he owns an e-commerce shop as well. He sells clothes, hats, bags, DVDs and many more. The DanTDM t-shirt had received warming popularity in all these years.
You still reading, right? Thanks for being till the very bottom of the article. Actually, Dan uses a number of gadgets to make and stream his videos, the microphone and audio interface being two of them. Hopefully, we’ll talk about others of his gadgets anytime soon.