If you wanted to know what camera does the Ace Family use, you need to have some idea about why they matter so much.
To put it in simple terms, they are one of the most influential families in social media right now. More on that in a bit.
For now, let’s have an overview on what you will be dealing with in this content.
We will be mostly dealing with the camera that the Ace Family uses.
The reason is simple, we want to help you in your quest to become an influential figure on social media. Keeping that in perspective, we want you to have some idea about the camera influencers use.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started!
The Ace Family: A Simple Introduction
The Ace Family started its YouTube journey back in 2016. You have a college basketball player and a social influencer starting a family and sharing their experiences.
If that’s not unique, then I don’t know what is!
Let’s have a rundown of the family members.
You have the basketball player Austin Mcbroom, the Instagram star Catherine Paiz, and their two beautiful children, Elle and Alaia. Together, they share a large chunk of their lives with the internet. Their playfulness is what made their channel boom over the years.
You don’t just get 18-million subscribers in a matter of two years. They have an A- grade from Social Blade, which is nothing short of ordinary. They’ve also made their mark in the people rankings, holding the number 10 position.
We would like you to check out their YouTube channel. For now, let’s move on to the key topic, which is the camera.
The Ace Family’s First Choice for Creativity: Canon EOS-1DX MARK II
The Ace Family mostly uses the Canon EOS-1DX MARK II. They’ve also used the G7X from Canon as well.
For now, we will keep our focus on the primary choice, which is the 1DX MARK II.
We will be sharing our two cents on the featured specifications. We will talk about the things we like and don’t like. But, before we dish out our judgment, we would like to say one thing:
The 1-DX MARK II is not a camera gear to disappoint!
- Sensor Type: High resolution, large single-plate CMOS Sensors
- Pixel count: Total pixels- 21.5, Effective Pixels- 20.2.
- Lens compatibility: Canon EF lens (Excluding EF-S and EF-M).
- Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical).
- Video Capturing: 1920×1080 at 120p and 4096×2160 at 60p.
- Continuous shooting format: MOV/MP4.
- Dust cleaning: Self-cleaning, Manual Cleaning.
- LCD monitor: 3.2-inch TFT LCD panel. 1.62-million-pixel count. 7-levels of brightness available.
- Supported Formats: Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.3.
- Footage Format: RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG.
- Viewfinder: Eye-level pentaprism with 96% vertical or horizontal coverage.
- Viewfinder magnification: 0.76x at 35.1-degree. 20mm Eye-point.
- Auto Focus: TTL Secondary-Image Forming Phase-difference system with a dedicated CMOS sensor. AF points: 61-points; 3+ modes.
- ISO: 200-51200 (Custom function safety shift is available).
- Shutter type: Electronically-controlled mechanical focal-plane shutter.
- Shutter Speed: 1/8000 to 30-second.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release.
- Shutter Self-timer: 2-second, 10-second (remote-control capability available).
- Live View: Live Shooting and Remote Live Shooting.
- Focusing: Auto-mode, Live Mode, Face Detection Mode, Quick Mode.
- 34-custom functions available.
- Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A supports 2.4 and 5-GHz Wifi.
- Recording Media: CF cards and CFast 2.0 cards.
- High-speed USB 3.0 connectivity.
- HDMI mini type-C OUT port.
- Battery pack: LP-E19.
- Power saving: Camera Shuts down after 30-minutes.
- Startup time:0.1-second.
- Weight: 1530-gram with the lens.
Things We Appreciate about the Canon EOS-1DX MARK II
It’s possible that many of you don’t really get some of the terms in the feature list (We are pretty sure you do understand!).
And that’s alright. All you need to do is bear with us will we go through the next couple of sections. Things will be a lot clear once we get to the end.
For now, let’s talk about the things we find worthy of the investment. You already have the answer to the question-what camera does the Ace Family use?
Superior Image Quality
The 21.5-megapixel CMOS sensor lives up to the mark when the matter of image quality is at hand. Also, you have the support of the superior EF lenses from Canon. Together, they produce some of the sharpest images you will find in the camera industry.
DIGIC 6+ Image Processing
The DIGIC 6+ image processing offers superior quality as a whole. Image details are precise and to the point. In fact, you may have a hard time finding competitors to tackle the superior image quality.
Robust Autofocusing Features
The autofocusing feature of this camera is, by far, one of the best features you will find in the 1DX MARK II. The object focusing is right on point, keeping all the details as precise as possible.
The AF points play a massive role in this regard. And you can’t forget the software integration that makes it all happen.
The iTR Autofocus
The iTR autofocus is one of the key features of the EOS 1DX. The iTR focusing allows the user to be more creative while enjoying seamless detail. You will have a great time with live videography, we can promise you this much. You can also check these mid-range camcorder for better video quality
Solid Performance in Artificial Environment
The Canon EOS 1DX MARK II is a solid performer in an artificial environment. Live image capturing has never been so easy. Its videography quality in a non-natural deserves kudos.
Then you have all the regular functionality features you’d expect from a high-end camera like this. You have USB 3.0 connectivity along with Wireless File Transmission capabilities.
When you combine all of these features with proper sensitivity and control, there’s really no denying the excellent feasibility you may enjoy. Overall, if we believe you are getting fair compensation for the investment you’re making.
Things that could be Better about the Canon EOS 1-DX MARK II
If you combine all the features of the Canon EOS 1-DX MARK II, then you’ll find the overall package to be very compelling. However, you may want to consider some of the drawbacks we found with the 1-D.
Weight Balance is Improper
The weight balance isn’t great at all.
For the price, a camera with a smaller frame and decent weight balance would have been much appreciable.
Battery Performance isn’t Great
When you’re paying such a hefty amount for a vlogging camera of this camera, you’d want the battery to last long.
From our testing, we didn’t find the battery life to be very compelling. You could get away with 1500 to 1600 clicks. But that’s all you get on a single charge.
If the battery pack was a tad more powerful, then we would have liked the 1-D MARK II better.
Low Light Auto Focusing
The low light autofocusing isn’t up to the standards. We did have to deal with noticeable inefficiencies in low-light conditions.
The outdated m-JPEG format cannot handle large data streams. As a matter of fact, you may experience some overheating due to this problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you record in the H.264 format?
Ans.: No, you can’t. The 1-DX supports M-JPEG formatting, which is basically a sequence of JPEG files.
Q: How much footage can you record on a 64-Gb CFast card?
Ans.: If you’re shooting at 4k resolution, then you may only wind up with 10-20 minutes of footage.
Q: Does it comes with support for Bluetooth or NFC?
Ans.: No. Both the options are unavailable with the 1-DX MARK II
Q: Can you send photos on your smart device wirelessly?
Ans.: That’s affirmative. The Canon Connect App allows you to send pictures by taking advantage of Wifi connectivity.
Some Interesting Facts about The Ace Family
- The Ace Family started its YouTube channel in 2016.
- The Ace Family channel gets more than 5-million views in a single day.
- The Ace Family videos have been seen 4-billion times (and counting!).
- They have a contract with the Univision Creator Network.
- The Ace Family member Austin is reported to be involved in multiple scandals.
- Kylie Jenner is a close family friend to the Ace Family.
- Their channel first started out as the ‘Catherine and Austin Vlogs’.
- Paiz has been a busy bee since she was 16. She never had the luxury of attending college.
- McBroom’s major was in Communication Studies. So, you can imagine why and how all the success came.
- McBroom chooses basketball over baseball and American Football. Baseball was a tad bit slow for his taste. Also, he didn’t appreciate being tackled in the football field.
- Paiz speaks English, French, and Spanish. You don’t see that every day, do you?
You now have the ins and outs of what camera does the Ace Family use. It’s been a pretty comprehensive answer, we only hope you’ve managed to take it all in.
If you have, then kudos to you.
Before we leave, all we would want to say is this:
Do your own research before you make the final purchase. If you put in some effort, the chances of your failure would be slim.