Vlogging certainly has come a long way!
Back in the day, when smartphones didn’t have any punch-through holes for cameras, brands like Sony, Nikon, and Panasonic had the upper hand. In short, people didn’t have a lot of options back then. That’s just sad.
But now, in 2020, folks have smartphones and cameras for Vlogging.
Smartphones have the advantage of being compact. They fit right into your pocket.
Still, you’ll never really find the level of consistency and detail with your smartphones. Sadly that’s still true even in 2019.
The Sony RX100 for Vlogging purposes does meet the requirements for modern vloggers. Due to its tiny body, superior image quality and crispy details, it can be your best companions when it comes to traveling around and sharing your thoughts on the online space.
Detailed Specifications of Sony RX100
- The minimalistic ultra-sleek aluminum 20.2-megapixel camera comes with a 3.6x optical zoom. The Aluminium frame weighs just shy of half-a-pound, with a total dimension of 13-inches.
- The matte black body houses a special 1-inch EXMOR CMOS sensor, capable of reducing noise and offering top-notch color accuracy. The level of fidelity far better than some of the existing options out there. It’s a great option for low-light shots as well.
- The signature Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens is custom-made for cleaner and accurate backgrounds. Also, the multi-layered T*-coated lenses play a prime role in ghosting and flare reduction.
- It features a 3-inch LCD screen with 12-million dots, with an ISO range of up to 6400 (auto-detection enabled). Flash range for auto-detection can go up to 17.1-meters (W) and 6.3-meters (T).
- Features 1080p video recording at 60-Hz along with Steady-Shot image stabilization and rear control dial for better functionality. Also comes with a customizable front control-rig, perfect for a miniature Vlogging camera.
- The operating temperature ranges from 0 to 40-degree Celsius.
Features and Benefits
- The Sony RX100 vlogging camera is much more suitable than the completion because of its sleek and slim figure.
- The relatively large LCD panel reviews crisp images and videography thanks to superior image stabilization and creative control functionalities.
- The RAW image capture functionality is, by far, one of the best features of the Sony RX100 camera. If you are using the Sony RX100 for vlogging, then this functionality can enhance your experience at least by two-folds.
- The EXMOR CMOS custom sensor is a superior choice when it comes to image processing and output. Pair that with the F1.8 Carl Zeiss T*-lens, and you have the Sony RX100 for street photography, a must-have feature for vloggers.
- The integrated Optical SteadyShot with an agile Active Mode offer blur-free videography experience. Alongside the new optical image stabilization, embedded in the SteadyShot technology, 1080p, 60Hz video capture is nothing short of amazing.
- Comes with facial recognition and registration technology with built-in autofocus.
It’s Good for Vloggers because
For a vlogger, there are a few considerations when it comes to a vlogging camera.
First of all, it’s got to be compact and sturdy. Second, image stabilization needs to be on point. Third, and perhaps the most important, is the image quality.
The Sony DCS RX100 offers a perfect balance of all these features.
As far as the compactness of the camera goes, then you shouldn’t complain as 213-grams isn’t that big of a deal. Also, a 13-inch camera body will probably won’t make a difference as far as the space in your backpack is concerned.
In addition, having a 3-inch LCD display with the colors popping out isn’t just a convenient feature anymore, it’s more of a necessity. And the Sony RX100 takes care of it pretty well, offering crisp natural images without any hassle.
In addition, the RX100 does do more than a fair job when it comes to image stabilization and color correction.
The Zeiss lens paired with the CMS sensor offer superior color reproduction and stabilization. You won’t really notice it while you are vlogging. But once you start seeing the footage, the difference in quality from other brands really pop out.
Last but not least, the RX100 from Sony features a wide range of color acquisition. In short, you won’t have to bother with manual color correction, as the Auto-mode can easily take care of it.
What to watch out for
The Sony vlogging camera has a lot to offer to the vlogging community, no doubt about that.
Still, there are some caveats when it comes to vlogging with the DCS RX100.
First of all, you’d probably want to have some extra batteries while on a vlogging trip. The battery life is a bit concerning, which is mostly because of the pre and post procession of the sensors. There’ simply no way around this.
Second, it’s a bit on the pricier side. Although you can find some cheaper options out there, the quality and convenience of the Sony RX100 will certainly not be easy to find.
About the brand
Sony, a pioneer in multimedia technology, started its journey in 1946, right after the Second World War II. Since then, it’s been the introducer and maker of pioneering technologies.
Some of the technological milestones for Sony were the introduction of the TR-55 transistor radio in 1955. The introduction of the Handycam in 1989, later on, became a booming business, as the technology was refreshed in 2005 as an HD Sports Handycam.
From the PlayStation to headphones and other electronic media products, Sony has been an integral part in the world of technology. Although the RX100 is a device in its own league, Sony hasn’t stopped its innovation even after producing such a marvel.
It’s a rare product in its class thanks to the no-compromise image quality and superior vlogging or on-the-go video production. The crisp video quality with superior image stabilization is certainly something many potent brands struggle with, even today.
Looking past the premium price tag. The RX100 is a tremendously well-balanced piece of hardware for vloggers. Despite some minorities, who knows when we will be seeing such a piece of technical marvel for vloggers?