When uploading premade video is something common a live stream video brings the challenging twist. Here you have to be double sure about anything you do on live and obviously double confident to present the smarter you. However, you may manage to present you or your talent on live video but the main problem is often connecting the video from pc especially if you are using a camcorder.
This generation is way more comfortable with the smartphones so camcorder is quite troublesome to them. But you have to agree a camcorder can help you pretty awesome with a high-quality video. So, sports camcorder is often preferred for live streaming. Are you about to start your live streaming with a camcorder? Learn how to connect camcorder to computer for live streaming below.
What You Need
If you are a beginner you should know what instruments you need to go through the connecting process. And if you have tried it before you already have a slight idea on needed gears. For a good start gather the needed stuff suggested below.
- Camcorder: This is the common gear you already know. You may use the one you have already. There is no need to get a new one. In case of non-professionals, it’s better to borrow one than purchasing. Use a lens on your camcorder for better video.
- Computer: We all have a device like laptop or personal computer. Here you need a pc too. It does the main duty indeed.
- Internet Connection: To go live you need a broadcast internet connection. Get a strong network that won’t stop connecting or disconnect your video anyway.
- USB Cable: A USB cable will connect the camcorder with your pc. Your pc and camcorder have the USB port to connect them in between.
- VGA Cable: It’s an alternative option. If your pc and camcorder do not have a USB port you have to use the VGA port appearing in the port section. So get the VGA cable if your device supports VGA.
In the tool list that’s all you need. But before starting the connecting process you have to do something more what plays the vital role to let you go for the live streaming. Wanna know them? Here they are below.
What To Do
After you got all the tools to connect your device and rock the live stream you need to do some work with broadcasting applications. Here they are.
- Video Broadcasting Software: You have to install video broadcasting software on your pc to go live. This software will produce the video with its various functions for broadcasting. Various softwares are available for free and for some you have to pay. Light Stream, Bebo, Wirecast, FFSplit, Camelion there some broadcasting channels you can try them out.
- RTMP Application: You have to install the RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol) in your pc to start broadcast your video. This application works great to stable your video even in network problem.
- Your Channel: You have to open a broadcasting channel first. Make a platform by opening an account and broadcast.
So, finally the process is here. Just go through the steps below and start your live streaming. Check the steps below.
- Step 1: First of all install all the applications suggested up and set your pc and camcorder close in an exact place. You should select a brighter place that is plenty in light for a better video quality.
- Step 2: Turn on your pc and the camcorder as well. Now, connect the broadband connection and check everything is going well.
- Step 3: Now, connect the USB cable to both the device. Put one end of the USB cable to the pc USB port and the other end to the camcorder USB port.
- Step 4: If your devices do not support USB option use the VGA port with a VGA cable.
- Step 5: Open the RTMP application and select the high-quality option in the video setting. The option can be different in various applications.
- Step 6: You are all set to go live. Just click on the ‘Broadcast’ option go with the ‘Broadcast Now’/ ‘Go Live’ option. You are on live.
So, this is the way. Just follow the instruction accurately and you are all set for the live stream. Though It’s an interesting task, various complicated issues can ruin your video. But you have to try until you succeed. The way we have suggested up will make sure your devices are connected well. Hope you have learned how to connect camcorder to computer for live streaming.
Thanks for being with us.